Baur, Austin. "Exploring Cinematic VR: An Analysis of the Tools, Processes, and Storytelling Techniques of Virtual Reality Filmmaking."" Florida State University, July 2016.
Brillhart, Jessica. "In The Blink Of A Mind - Attention." medium.com, https://medium.com/the-language-of-vr/in-the-blink-of-a-mind-attention-1fdff60fa045. 5 Feb. 2016. Accessed 5 Sept. 2016.
Naimark, Michael. "VR Cinematography Studies For Google." medium.com, https://medium.com/@michaelnaimark/vr-cinematography-studies-for-google-8a2681317b3. 22 Jun 2016, 2016. Accessed 5 Sept. 2016.
Marshall, James. "Guidelines For The New World, narrative drama in VR." medium.com, https://medium.com/@jdsmarshall/guidelines-for-the-new-world-narrative-drama-in-vr-3c379859a5de. 12 Jun, 2016. Accessed 8 Sept. 2016
Eifler, Emily. "First Forays: Multi-camera Spherical". EleVR. http://elevr.com/first-forays-multi-camera-spherical/. 5 May, 2016.
Hart, Vi. "Spherical Cinemetography 102: Texture". EleVR. http://elevr.com/spherical-cinematography-102-texture/. 15 Feb, 2016.
Murch, Walter. In the Blink of an Eye: a Perspective on Film Editing. Los Angeles, CA, Silman-James Press, 2001.
The following works have been discussed or referenced and have influenced the paper, but are not directly built on for the work in this thesis.
Aylett, Ruth. “Emergent Narrative, Social Immersion and ‘storification.’” Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Narrative and Interactive Learning Environments, 2000, p. 35–44.
Car, Nicholas. "Interactive Storytelling: An oxymoron". Rough Type. http://www.roughtype.com/?p=1435
Cavazza, Mark, et al. "Emotional Input for Character-Based Interactive Storytelling." Proceedings of The 8th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, no. 1, May 2009, p. 313–320.
Coyne, Shawn. The Story Grid: What Good Editors Know. Black Irish Entertainment LLC, 2015.
Craig, Alan, et al. Developing Virtual Reality Applications: Foundations of Effective Design. Morgan Kaufmann. 2009.
Crowther, Bosley. "New Movie Projection Shown Here; Giant Wide Angle Screen Utilized; NOVEL TECHNIQUE IN FILMS UNVEILED." The New York Times. Oct 1, 1952. http://www.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9E0DE6DF1E3CE23BBC4953DFB6678389649EDE
Danielewski, Mark Z. House Of Leaves. Pantheon, 2000.
Gilroy, Stephen, Julie Porteous, Fred Charles, and Marc Cavazza. "PINTER: Interactive Storytelling with Physiological Input." Proceedings of the 2012 ACM International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (2012): 333-34. Web.
Heilig, Morton. "The Cinema Of The Future". Multimedia: From Wagner to Virtual Reality, edited by Randal Packer and Ken Jordon*, W. W. Norton & Company, 2002. pp. 239-252.
McCloud, Scott. Understanding Comics. Harper Perennial, 1994.
Merlin Goodbrey, Daniel. "From Comic To Hypercomic". e-merl.com/theory. http://www.inter-disciplinary.net/at-the-interface/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/danielgoodbrey_finalpaper.pdf.
Naimark, Michael. "VR Interactivity". medium.com, https://medium.com/@michaelnaimark/vr-interactivity-59cd87ef9b6c#.3aprufsul. 17 Oct 2016, 2016. Accessed 4 Nov. 2016.
O’Brien, Sarah A. “Developer on VR Sexual Assault: ‘My Heart Sank.’” CNN, 26 Oct. 2016, http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/25/technology/developer-sexual-assault-virtual-reality/index.html.
Pausch, Randy, et al. "Disney's Aladdin: First Steps Toward Storytelling in Virtual Reality." Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques. SIGGRAPH '96. 1996.
Pownall, David. Sound Theater. Oberon Masters, 2011.
Schell, Jesse. The Art Of Game Design. CRC Press, 2015.
Swartjes, Ivo, and Mariet Theune. The Virtual Storyteller: Story Generation by Simulation.
Tremblay, Paul. The Harlequin & The Train: A Novella. Necropolitan Press, 2009.
Vi Hart, Andrea Hawksley, Henry Segerman and Marc ten Bosch. "Hypernom: Mapping VR Headset Orientation to S^3". Proceedings of Bridges 2015: Mathematics, Music, Art, Architecture, Culture (2015): 387–390.
The following are links to various videos that have been referenced.
- Walking New York (NYT Magazine/WITHIN)
- Clouds Over Sidra (WITHIN)
- Kidnapped (Rooster Teeth)
- Inside The Arctic Doomsday Seed Vault For The First Time (Seeker Daily)
- Elliot's Flyover (WETA Digital/Disney)
- Go Habs Go! (Jessica Brillhart/Google)
- My Vidcon Experience in 360 (Casey Neistat)
- The Ultimate Drone (Casey Neistat)
- Watching LEO WIN THE OSCAR in 360 (Casey Neistat)
- Hiking Smith Rock 360 Video (360 Labs (Youtube Channel))
- Skydiving In 360 - Virtual Reality (Sara Dietschy)
- The Eye Of The Tiger 360 VR Experience (VR Gorilla)
- Night Fall (National Opera & Ballet)
- 360 Virtual Realitty Shower Experience with Rob Riggle (Holiday Inn Express)
- Sandboarding in Peru | The Daily 360 | The New York Times
- A Ballerina’s Endless Day | The Daily 360 | The New York Times
- 360 Wizard Battle | Corridor Digital
- Rain or Shine 360 | Felix Massie | Google Spotlight Story
- Ashton Sanders, Trevante Rhodes, Alex R. Hibbert: Great Performers | MILK(vr) & The New York Times
- Invisible - Episode 2 - Back In The Fold | Jaunt VR